Saturday, May 12, 2007

A perfect Mother's Day



It was a wonderful Mother's Day! The only thing that would have made it better would be having R.J. here, but Molly sent photos and Mother's Day wishes via email last night, which were wonderful! Phil sent me 2 very special e-cards and Charlie made a special card & handprint-with-poem at preschool.

We began the day at church; I got a red carnation from Charlie's Sunday School teacher. Then we came home and had what we call Haitian Spaghetti for lunch. It is a recipe similar to something we ate at Le Plaza hotel where we stayed when we went to Haiti to bring Charlie home, and it has become one of our family favorites! Click here for the recipe.

After lunch, Charlie and I took a nap while Phil was busy making dinner by special request. He did a fabulous job -- steaks cooked on the grill with sauteed onions & mushrooms, asparagus & tomato salad, and sparkling juice. I even got the special red plate! We had homemade strawberry shortcake & ice cream for dessert, which we ate on the front porch. In all, it was a perfect day! :)