
We've been feeling somewhat cabin-feverish lately with all the cold weather, and we were running short on ideas of things to do. Charlie had received 8 playing cards (an abbreviated "Go Fish" game) with a kids' meal at Long John Silver, but that wasn't enough cards for the 3 of us to play, so we got out a regular card deck and taught Charlie how to play Go Fish. (As it turns out, Phil had never played it himself!) Well, that turned out to be a bit too simplistic and it takes so long to get through one round, so we decided Charlie could probably handle Uno.
Sure enough, he caught on very quickly. In fact, the very first hand we played, he remembered to call out "Uno!" before I even remembered I had to say it while laying down my next-to-last card. :) He's very good at keeping track of anyone who's down to their last card! He's also getting to be quite the good player, as we get many opportunities to practice! ("Could we play just one time before I have to go to bed?") And who can resist that cute face?